Friday, January 2, 2009

Mom and Dad are here!!

There are different levels of peace that you have when you're living in a foreign country. It's one thing to not have to stumble over your words or wrack your brain to recall the translation and just be able to speak in english, but it's a whole other thing to know people really well and spend time with them in the country that you just never feel 100% at home in. Needless to say we are very happy to have my parents here after 4 months of being apart. It's not only that we've missed them (and all of the rest of you) we didn't realize how hard it is to have nothing around you that is familiar. The friends we have here we now know, but not like the people in the states. We know the ingredients in the meals but not the tastes. We have enough familiarity to feel ok but not enough to truly be comfortable. Now that my parents are here it's just that much more familiarity to make us comfortable. I don't know if I make sense but I just wanted to try to relay what I'm feeling to you all... It's pretty strange. 
Thank you to all of you who sent a note with my parents to us and the Dixons. (Saviors family) we haven't had a chance to read them all yet but it is such an encouragement to know that you would take the time to write to us. More on this later...... 
I don't know why I really want to say this now but if any of you see Steve Haston, tell him that he's been on my heart recently and that I really miss him. Thanks. 
Thanks for reading and may Jesus Bless You All.

No comments: