Thursday, August 7, 2008

He has a plan!!

It's coming fast. In less than two weeks we will be in Costa Rica. We are still frantically packing and trying to get ready to leave. I have a half day at work tomorrow and then I am done at the Gas Company possibly forever. At times it seems crazy that God would keep me there so long only to move me. At other times it makes me stand in awe of how He orchestrates our lives. There is no other way that I could have grown in the ways I have these last eight years. I have been shown so much about myself, true ministry, evangelism, and perseverance. I have been truly blessed with this job.
I know that we are in an unsettled transition phase right now. I can feel myself slipping into old habits and patterns of life due to the stress that I'm under. Erin, at times, seems on edge and the kids are pretty cranky and a little irregular in their activity. It is odd feeling so rushed and so stressed but knowing that God is conducting the choir of our lives right now. When I stop to think I keep going back to His great faithfulness and goodness. He knows what He's doing. He knows how we feel and how we'll react. It's so comforting to know that no matter how fast the world spins around us, He is never moved or changed by it. He has a plan!!

2 comments:

Mama Sky said...

Oh, Janzens. We are praying for you, even now. We pray that these last few weeks and days are not a blur of stress and struggle, but a time of encouragement and blessing. We ask the you are each surrounded with a sense of peace and a quieting of the soul (especially for your beautiful children). We pray that both of you feel tenderness and love toward one another and your children. We know your goodbyes will be bitter, but we pray that they are sweet. So sweet that you'll remember the goodbye as a blessing! We pray for your strength. We love you and will be on our knees on your behalf these next two weeks. Remember, even on the other side of the country, there are others who know exactly what you're going through.

Anonymous said...

...boy, reading these last 2 posts makes me tired :) It sounds like you've got great perspective on all of it, though. Thanks for the encouragement...I'll have to re-read this in like...a month.